The book is a publication based precisely on what the syllabus of paper II and sample question of Civil Services Preliminary Examination incorporate and require. It has been meticulously prepared after due consultation with experts in this field and experienced bureaucrats, exhaustively assimilating diverse concepts from authoritative sources. Each topic of the syllabus is covered in a separate chapter with inputs about how to prepare followed by a variety of questions to give sufficient practice. A unique feature of this book is ‘the survival tips’ about how to answer, avoid common pitfalls and to save time, especially in the examination.
The aim and scope of the book is to steadily guide aspirants towards comprehensive preparation, familiarise them with the possible types of questions and prepare them to face the real examination with more confidence and less uncertainty.
The contents of this book have been carefully selected and compiled from various sources keeping in mind the nature and possible trend of questions in Paper II. They are based on the pattern of the questions as put forth in the sample paper.
• Made as per the latest (revised) UPSC syllabus for the second paper of the Civil Services Preliminary Examination
• Seven sections corresponding to the seven parts of the aptitude test
• The eighth section comprising three model test papers made exactly as per the expected question papers
• Sections opening with detailed information and guidelines to tackle each part intelligently and advantageously
• Information and guidelines followed by a sufficient number of practice exercises and their answers, for adequate preparation
• Prepared by a highly placed Civil Servant who has in-depth knowledge of the UPSC examination Salient Features
1. Based on the prescribed guidelines of paper II of CSAT
2. Carefully selected Practice exercises
3. Covers all section of the new syllabus
4. Lucid and orderly presentation of topics
5. Tips, Do’s & Don’ts of attempting the types of question
6. Concept supported by solved examples
About The Author
Madhukar Kumar Bhagat is an officer of the 1995 batch of the Indian Revenue Service (I.R.S.) and is presently posted as a Director in the Ministry of Finance. He is also the author of a widely acclaimed book titled, `Civil Services Interview: How to Excel’ by the same publication.
Madhukar Bhagat started his career as a mechanical engineer in the Indian Railways after qualifying the S.C.R.A. examination conducted by the U.P.S.C. Later he joined the Indian Revenue Service after taking the civil services examination. He was awarded the Finance Minister’s Gold Medal for the best probationary officer in the 50th batch of I.R.S.
He has also authored books pertaining to taxation which have been published by the Income-tax department. He has participated in international workshops and seminars at Bangkok, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. He has delivered talks on taxation and management related topics at National Academy of Direct Taxes, Nagpur and other training institutes